In a nutshell our Self-Esteem is the opinion we have of ourselves.
There seems to be an epidemic of low self-esteem! We all have times when we lack confidence and don’t feel good about ourselves but when low self-esteem becomes a long-term problem, it can have a harmful effect on our mental health and our lives. Low self-esteem knocks our confidence, increases anxiety, and can lead to depression.
Our feelings about ourselves begin to develop in childhood, we don’t realise at a young age what are other people’s issues, and we internalise many messages and experiences to be about something wrong with us, “I’m not good enough” is the one that seems to stick!
Poor self-confidence can affect many areas of your life such as how you conduct friendships and relationships with others. It also holds you back from pursuing your dreams and ambitions.
How can I help? By offering you…
- The opportunity to explore what knocked your self confidence in the first place.
- An understanding of the thoughts and behaviours that are keeping you down.
- Ways to challenge self-critical or negative thoughts about yourself.
- An enhanced awareness of your personal strengths and assets.
- Support to help you feel more confident in your relationships.